Thank you so much Ket Cage for nominating me for the Wanna know you better challenge, I had great fun doing it. It feels amazing to be a part of this, it’s a great way to get to know and connect with people.
- Title the blog post as “Wanna know you better!!”
- Describe Riya’s blog and a put link to this post.
- Describe and thank the one who nominated you.
- Copy all the questions and answer them one by one.
- You may create your own questions for your targets (it will be fun)
- Pass the game as a challenge to any of your favorite bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Add a link of your post in the comment section below so that people may come to know about you, your blog and your fun. (in the comment section of Host’s post)
- State the steps.
Since the time I have started blogging Ket Cage has been really supportive and encouraging, and is an amazing blogger, check out https://cynicalsouls.wordpress.com/2019/06/01/am-i-late/
for amazing content.
This challenge was created by Riya, whose blog I recently just read, it’s amazing how she writes such good poetry with so much meaning in it check out World Of My Thoughts for beautiful writing.
First, 10 briefly explain questions:
- What really makes you angry? Selfishness is something that makes me really upset, because when people become selfish nothing is genuine anymore.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I really like food a lot, it’s something that gets me upbeat when I am low, so I wouldn’t want to be stuck with just one dish, but if I really had to choose, then it would be chat.
- What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is fear itself, fear is like a leash which keeps you tied up, it cuts your wings and holds you to the ground.
- What has been your best moment this year? My best moment this year was when we won the hockey tournament.
- If You Could Live Anywhere In The World For A Year, Where Would It Be? I would love to go to Fairbanks, Alaska, when the sky glows with the aurora borealis.
- How do you relieve stress? Food is my favorite stress buster, but apart from that I write, read, try to sing but end up sounding like a toad xD, watch shows.
- Would You Rather Go To Space Or To The Bottom Of The Ocean? I would go to space, because I like the idea of floating around where neither judgements nor gravity can ground you.
- What’s your favorite season? Winter is my favorite season. I like the cold for some reason.
- What’s your favorite sport? I love playing hockey, badminton and basketball, and I am a huge fan of F1 too.
- Did you like Riya’s blog ?
Yes I do, it’s amazing.
What would you prefer?
- Beach or mountains
- Ice cream or milkshakes Ice cream
- New York or Paris
- Ugly genius or Good looking stupid
Looks don’t matter to me.
- Pizza or Burger
- Summer or Winter
- City or Village
- Spring or Autumn
- Mathematics or Science
- Train or Aeroplane
I’d like to nominate
- Ket Cage
- Rashi Singh
Since I am fairly new to this and this is my first challenge whoever reads this post is free to nominate themselves.
With smiles that do not falter
With nods that do not alter
With handshakes being a friendly gesture
We learnt to be resilient, like the rock of Gibraltar.
Through these forced smiles
Embodied by these fake laughs
Don’t you think it’s time to alight, from this ship of fear
The fear of being judged, by the one’s who claim to be dear.
It’s time to embrace who you are
To free yourself, from the floating clouds of judgment
For those you call dear should be the one’s, who stand by you during every storm of life
Not the one’s who gloat and judge like the passing norms of life.
What does it feel like to be an eagle?
Who soars high up in the sky
With never dethering ambition
And with wings that always try.
What does it feel like to be engulfed
by the protection of family?
Like little Joey, fast asleep in his mother’s pouch
Knowing she’s always going to vouch for her little kangaroo.
What does it feel like to grow with the same similarities and loyalties?
Like the field of daisies
Sharing the same soil, water and light
Forging a never ending bond of friendship.
There’s so much to wonder at every phase of life
So much to discover as we move on with time
And yet again we find ourselves lost among the things we have and the one’s we don’t.
Mesmerized by it’s glistening shimmer
Enthralled by the way it has demeanor
Lured by it’s promising future
It’s the one that always nurtures
It is a form of hope
It is the way we cope
It drives away the drankness of inhibition
It helps us formulate a vision
For it is our dreams that keep us going
Some are unattainable they say,
but then again Rome was not built in a day
And so we shall strive, until that day
That turns the unattainable to achieved.
As a kid i was always fascinated with a lot of things, the stars, the moon, horses and there was a point where I would even pester my mother to get me an actual auto.
These things seem so silly now, though I’d still like to get a horse some day, but the one thing that fascinated me throughout my life was love. When we were little we measured love with the calibrated scale of who buys me more gifts, or who attends to my every need, but as we grew its definition also grew with us, we start to realize that love is not just things or comfort, it’s a feeling of warmth that we receive, a sort of validation to be whoever you are and still be accepted, love gives you a comfortable home built on trust, roofed by happiness, walled by respect and windowed by selflessness.
Most of us don’t realize that love doesn’t necessarily mean we can be selfless all the time, or that the the people around us can always make us feel happy and secure, the main reason being we are only flawed humans after all.
Love is like the colour of a crayon which keeps depleting as the crayon shrinks in size in cases where there is lack of understanding, love has a lot of colours each one seems more vibrant than the other, but what we need to understand is that like anything else in this world love isn’t immortal, it is made immortal by respect, understanding, selflessness, happiness and all the other feelings combined.
I watch through the resident fog
I watch through the scorching heat
I watch through the blooms of spring and the spoils of autumn, lying on my window sill.
I watch through the day, I watch through the night
Only to realize, I am too caught up by sight
For all that we see are just appearances of life
That wither and fade along with the passage of time.
With masks of beauty exist the most vile things
That only last, till it’s spell is cast
And with hearts of beauty the flamingos fly
Disguised as hummingbirds that go unoticed in the sky.
You come back late from work, exhausted and tired, sleep deprived and filled with worries of the future, and the only things that await you are the empty furnitures, the blank walls and the stove longing for the warmth of a flame, but you are too tired to even switch on the light, and end up stumbling and falling on your carpetted floor, and because the odds are never in your favor, you end up falling on your head and end up unconscious, but only to realize that you have been transported into your neighbor’s mind.
Now your next door neighbor is an eighty year old lady, who you’ve never really noticed or bothered to get to know because of your busy life which you find miserable and agonizing, but now you are stuck in the person’s memories because of your weird clumsy fall, and all you can see is darkness but as you walk deeper into her memories you see her childhood, she was a child full of energy, running around playing pranks on people, climbing up trees and crying when she falls, then she grows into a enthusiastic teenager, with a lot of opinions and ideas and as she grows into an adult with solid idiologies, she’s made her share of mistakes and learnt from them. She’s always been surrounded by people in all the phases of life, but as she grew old things changed. People left, and the one thing that stayed with her was her never give up attitude and the smile that could give life to even a dead rose.
Now you wake up and realize that you are in your bed and the clumsy fall never really occurred in reality and that it was all a dream, but today you’ve woken up with the realization of two possibilities which include two choices, you can choose to be the fisrt version of you, in the first part of the dream stressing away your life and letting everything get to you, or you can learn from the second part of your dream that teaches you that while you can’t stop the waves you can still learn how to surf.
Happiness is not just a feeling, it’s also a choice, when you choose to be happy and positive, even the most vile things seem to have some light in them.
Thank you for reading.
Have a great day!